Acumatica cloud ERP has always been a customer favorite. Customers rave about its easy to use dashboard, accurate reports, and great features. Not one to rest on its laurels, however, Acumatica has made additional updates to its popular cloud ERP as well as the classic version of Acumatica ERP to offer enhancements that will make it even easier to use and better to find the information you need to run your business.
The following is a list of the planned enhancements to both Acumatica’s traditional and cloud ERP packages. This list reflects enhancements for the second half of 2017, and we are sure more are planned for 2018. Acumatica is definitely a company that never stops innovating!
Acumatica Cloud ERP R2 2017
There are some great changes coming in the technology behind Acumatica! Some things to look for in our rollout in the latter half of 2017 include near real-time GPS location framework in mobile, API improvements (REST and Swagger API) along with improved performance control, external applications that can track the data changes by processing push notifications sent by Acumatica ERP, and Localization of Acumatica Self-Service Portal in multiple languages
New user interfaces offer flexibility, customization, and personalization. Workspaces are replacing the older suites and modules available. These workspaces include reports combined by the function area using the navigation pane within workspaces. There are links to forms, a tiling function, and more.
Changes you will notice include changes to:
- The navigation pane with workspaces
- Links to forms
- Tiles (links with additional parameters to forms)
- The assigned Administrator can configure navigation in the new user interface; he or she can pin and unpin workspaces on the navigation pane, add and remove links to forms and reports in a workspace, and manage tiles in a workspace.
- Every user of the system can personalize the user interface through adding forms to Favorites and configuring Quick Menu items.
- Along with the new UI, users can look forward to role-specific Dashboards, Reporting (Generic Inquiries) improvements, Real-Time Data Exchange with external applications, and Visual Resource Scheduling Integration with Smartsheet.
Finance and Accounting
Finance and accounting features in Acumatica cloud ERP are also undergoing transformations. You’ll find significant changes in the following areas:
- Multiple branches that represent legal entities and that use the same tenant in Acumatica ERP can configure their own tax periods and close the periods independently of one another.
- Approval of Outgoing Cash Transactions in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable—now support the process of purchasing goods or services from one vendor and paying for those goods or services to a different vendor.
- A new Authorize.Net API plug-in that provides PCI DSS–compliant integration with Authorize.Net
- Sensitive credit card information is not stored in the Acumatica ERP database.
- Statement processing
Project accounting also includes some improvements. These include:
- Simplified budget structure and reporting
- Proforma invoices
- Project-Specific Invoice Format
- Support progress billing on fixed amount and time & material contracts enhanced project rates
- Tracking project comments through purchasing, sales, or external systems
Distribution features changes in multipliers, units of measure, calculation rules, and more.
- Item Class Hierarchy
- Specifying Default Item Classes
- Configuring Availability Calculation Rules
- Configuring Warehouse-Specific Prices
- Uploading Prices by Alternate IDs
- Specifying a Price Adjustment Multiplier
- Specifying Cross-Reference Units of Measure
- Calculating Discounts in Different Units of Measure
Most of the changes in this area involve the Field Services Equipment Module, a popular feature for Acumatica users. Changes include:
- Ability to track components and warranties, including how warranties are calculated for equipment entities and components and on serviced order if a service was provided for a particular component of a piece of target equipment.
- Specifying a default Salesperson for Service Orders of a Particular subset of Services.
- Ability to Control Invoice Generation from Service Orders by Billing Cycle.
- Ability to Clone an Appointment Multiple Times.
- Add a map of the Customer Location on Forms.
- Marketing lists and campaigns have been improved for user efficiency regarding marketing tracking and analyzing. This includes List Building improvements where campaign members can be created from any generic inquiry forms that work with contact records.
- Marketing “statuses” (Selected, Processed, or Responded) have been changed to “stages” (prospect through deploy).
- For Lead Tracking, if a lead opportunity has been created as a result of marketing activities related to a campaign, a user can associate this lead or opportunity with the campaign. Users can now create activities associated with campaigns or with campaign members.
- Acumatica ERP now gives users the ability to associate various documents with campaigns.
- Acumatica ERP now supports bi-directional real-time synchronization of data between Acumatica ERP and Salesforce CRM.
Acumatica Cloud ERP in Atlanta and Birmingham
Atlanta, Birmingham, and southeastern businesses seeking an exceptional cloud-based ERP system can find it in Acumatica cloud ERP. It is the leading solution for cloud business management for small to mid-sized businesses. Benefits include an easy to use interface, cost-effective deployment, and a flexible rollout that lets you customize Acumatica cloud ERP to the way you want it.
For a personal consultation on your cloud ERP needs, speak with Emerald TC Consulting today. Emerald TC specializes in helping mid-market, multi-location companies increase efficiency, productivity, and profits. Acumatica Cloud ERP is one of the many fine software packages we sell and support. Let’s discuss how we can help you. Contact us or call 678-456-6919 today.