Exciting details of a world-class software package
As Acumatica consultants, Emerald TC is pleased to share with you details of the new Acumatica 2018 R2 release. This release focuses on the essential thing to Acumatica—you, their customers. The company looked for ways in which it could enhance customer satisfaction, usability, and compliance. Acumatica 2018R2 does all three and more.
The Sparkling New Acumatica 2018 R2
The brand-new Acumatica 2018 R2 features numerous updates and additions that should please even the most finicky customer. These include:
- The xRP Platform: The new Acumatica 2018 R2 supports enhanced mobile functionality. The R2 improvements include push notifications, navigation, and customized updates. Targeted pop-up notes, branch navigation, and improved date management also transform Acumatica 2018 R2 into a sleek mobile product.
- Reporting: New features in the reporting category include pivot tables displayed along with Generic Inquiries. A side panel in the Generic Inquiry function enables users to manage the details of specific records in an inquiry in the same screen. For those who create and distribute regular reporting packages, the new release lets you string reports together. You create multiple reports and merge them into a single package. These can be sent as HTML or PDF files, providing additional flexibility.
- Usability enhancements: Additional usability enhancements include a Welcome page with links to helpful resources, productivity assistance through pop-up notes, and better navigation between companies and branches.
- Functionality enhancements: As Acumatica consultants, we often recommend it to our customers because of the functionality Acumatica provides. True to its reputation for best in class performance, Acumatica has enhanced its functionality with the ability to close financial reporting periods in different dates for companies within the same tenant. This is great if you have one central accounting office handling multiple business lines with various closing dates. A new tax calculator plugin makes it easier to calculate taxes across multiple jurisdictions. Additional features also help with ASC 606 compliance and deferred revenue recognition.
- Project accounting: The new project accounting features include labor cost rates and project labor cost accounting integrated with payroll. New project quotes also simplify project sales and pricing; these now support complex quotes. Additional enhancements help synchronize the work of your road warriors with those in the offices such as project managers to create and build quotes easily and quickly. These can then be converted into projects.
- CRM: If you keep your contacts in Outlook, good news: the new CRM enhancements link email activities with any contact in the system. A new Portal setup enables you to display financial documents associated with all companies and branches. Clients with multiple companies and branches can better control information that is visible to specific customers.
- GDPR compliance: Updated tools safeguard data and take you one step closer to GDPR compliance.
Industry Editions Make Acumatica Even Better for Specific Requirements
Another plus with Acumatica 2018 R2 that has Acumatica consultants celebrating are the new industry editions. Editions for distribution, manufacturing, field service, commerce, and construction tailor the basic Acumatica package to specific industry-based needs. The construction package, for example, converts from RFIs to change requests and time-tracking for the construction industry, which may differ from other industries.
The best ERP software on the market is the software that meets our customers’ needs. As Acumatica consultants, we’re pleased to share with our customers these special industry editions as well as the cloud-based Acumatica package that has won raving fans in many industries. When it comes to ERP, Acumatica 2018 R2 is a winner.
About Emerald TC
Emerald TC helps small businesses analyze their needs and choose the best systems for their companies. Contact us or call 678-456-6919 for more information about cloud-based ERP and other business productivity software and systems.